Danger! Incoming Attack! Out in the Wild!

FROSTITUTION's News Depository

Moderators: Geoi, pnut

Danger! Incoming Attack! Out in the Wild!

Postby Thomas » Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:46 pm

Image Image
(click for bigger pictures)

What you are looking at is my personal copy of Danger! Incoming Attack! on DVD. As reported earlier, a listing on an Australian retailer gave promise that this was to be released in that region. Unfortunately, the website updated with constant mentions of delays, and other types of excuses that deflated. However, someone on the board had posted that they had in fact acquired a copy at their local (Australian-based) Borders in Sydney. Curious, I had decided to hop onto eBay, and to my joy, had discovered that an Australian seller had in fact put a copy of this for sale. I quickly whipped out my bank account and bid furiously. Of course, I won - but it helps that maybe nobody else knew about this in the first place. Waiting impatiently, a package arrived just today, and I ripped it open like a rabid dog with my teeth (it was pretty awesome).

A quick skim of the DVD shows that there are zero special features, and only hosts the entire series across 2 DVDs. The case comes with a slip-cover, which you pull out from the side. The video quality is pretty good, like 50,000 Volts! before it. If there are any easter eggs, I'd like to be surprised.

So what you see before you is proof that Incoming Attack is in fact real, and out there in Australia, for you to hunt down and find for yourself. Being not familiar with what Australian online retailers have this for sale, I cannot preface this with any links for you to buy a copy for yourself from... or even an eBay auction, as a quick search yields no results. I consider myself pretty lucky to find that auction at that time. Your best bet, obviously, is to find someone from Australia to help you out. Good luck!

Oh, and hope everyone had a good holiday.
Sigh. You really don't like anything, do you Thomas?

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.
Thomas
Frost Admin

Re: Danger! Incoming Attack! Out in the Wild!

Postby scott » Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:59 am

Hi all,
Hopping on to let you know that I too have found a copy of Danger! Incoming Attack! at a local retail store called JB Hi-Fi in central sydney. They have an online order system which (checking) does allow online orders!
This be the link: http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/Product/364552/NICK-FROST'S-DANGER!---SEASON-2
It says out of stock, but you should be able to find it actually in the store on the shelf (there were quite a few when I bought mine), or place an order online for the next batch.
International shipping can be done, but again it says out of stock on the page. Good luck to all who are searching!
Thanks all,
Scott.
scott

Postby Thomas » Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:03 am

Nice, thank you for the link. Hope you enjoy your DVD!

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.
Thomas
Frost Admin

Postby Buddy » Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:01 am

I'm still waiting for EzyDVD to receive their "receipt of stock to fulfil orders." :x Whatever that means. I haven't tried looking for copies in stores yet but if I do happen to come across it, I'll just pick it up and cancel my order.
Buddy
Frostitute

Postby Thomas » Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:37 pm

I tried it on my Xbox 360, and it runs just fine on there. I guess Aussie DVDs run just fine on any DVD player?

Thomas
Frost Admin

Postby Buddy » Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:21 pm

Our DVD's are Region 4, however, Incoming Attack is probably region-free because the distributor knew many people would be buying it from overseas. :wink:
Buddy
Frostitute

Postby thertein » Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:19 am

Scott - I'm in Sydney as well, trying to track a copy down. Which JB Hifi did u see those copies at? And what section was it under?
The more info the better! Thanks in advance
thertein

Postby scott » Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:39 pm

I actually saw it at both the store in The Galleries Victoria, and the one at the Strand. It was under the "Special Interest TV" section.
I saw it first at Galleries, bought it there, then headed over to the Strand as they were the only store which had 50000 volts available. I can't imagine the series is overly popular, so there should still be copies available in both stores.
I hope you can get your hands on it.
scott

Postby Buddy » Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:47 am

scott wrote:I actually saw it at both the store in The Galleries Victoria, and the one at the Strand. It was under the "Special Interest TV" section.
I saw it first at Galleries, bought it there, then headed over to the Strand as they were the only store which had 50000 volts available. I can't imagine the series is overly popular, so there should still be copies available in both stores.
I hope you can get your hands on it.

I did the very same thing today. Was in the city, saw one copy of Incoming Attack at The Galleries Victoria and bought it, then bought 50,000 Volts at The Strand Arcade 5 minutes later. They were on sale as well, only $15.98 each, which is less than their already below RRP price on their online store. :D
Buddy
Frostitute

Postby thertein » Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:00 am

Well, got my copy - ive actually been busy with work and Xmas/NYE stuff, so haven't been able to get to the city, but found a copy at my local JB Hifi at Chatswood. It was under 'the BBC section - i must've walked past it when i was doing my Xmas shopping. Took the last copy though!
thertein

Return to News